Monday, May 21, 2012

Bad Hair Day

Remember my shower hair sketches? Well, I attempted to paint one on this piece of paper (with gesso applied to both sides of the paper), but it didn't look right so I ended up painting this abstract over it. I call it Bad Hair Day, which I find to be mildly whimsical!

The colors in this are: c.p. cadmium orange and titanium white mixed with soft gel (semi-gloss) to form the base coat (which is basically no longer visible), and then there are the following colors mixed in to form the abstract: red oxide, c.p. cadmium orange, titanium white, and burnt umber covered with paynes gray, plus paynes gray accents.

I don't know if this is any good and it sure doesn't seem to represent my work, but it was spontaneous and it felt good to paint it out.

14 x 11 inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment