Sunday, January 11, 2015

The client's reaction when I deliver art... priceless!

For as much as I love getting paid, I think what I love even more is seeing the reaction from my clients when I deliver the art. The first reaction to seeing the work in person... to hanging the work in its new home... to hearing the details behind the execution... this is really fun and motivating - it's what makes it all worth it.

It's honestly not enough for me to like most of my paintings (I'll make exceptions for really personal pieces that I know no one is going to connect with... this is why I have my own collection of my art!). If you don't love it, then I've missed the mark somehow; but, you're probably not buying it if that's not the case, so it's likely that I won't have to suffer through a lackluster reception.

Here are the composition and color-planning sketches for the Tulip Series. The patrons love the paintings...

No comments:

Post a Comment