Saturday, April 26, 2014

Metablogging...

Why do I blog about art, especially given that I have so few followers? Well, I consider my blog to be a part of my art and the creative process. And while I love the fact that 17 people follow my blog, I would still do it even if I had zero followers.

I blog mostly for my own sake - to have a reference to what I did and how (this is why I list my paint mixtures and brushes used, in case I need to recreate something later), to have a record of my sales and donations, and to wax poetic about what art is, which helps me fine-tune my philosophies. I think partly because I have so few followers, I am more free in what I say, and I believe this contributes to the overall ongoing artistic dialogue that everyone is having all of the time.

Of course, I hope that someday my number of followers increases exponentially and that my thoughts about art are recognized beyond my current sphere of influence! If and when that happens, there will be lots of archival material for people to read.

This photo was taken in 2009 in Wamego, Kansas at the Art Walk I participated in. I was set up in the corner drugstore. It was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment