Sunday, November 9, 2014

A book I read

A few years ago, I bought a book called The Pulse of Mixed Media: Secrets and Passions of 100 Artists Revealed", by Seth Apter. I thought the cover was pretty. And the artists seemed legit.

The book itself is an interesting array of questions posed to various mixed media artists, and their answers along with many images of their art. The layout is such that you don't feel compelled to read it cover-to-cover, but instead flip and peruse at your leisure. Despite the low-pressure style of the book, I've been trying to actually read it in a linear fashion lately, and to really look at the art in the process. It's a fun project, and I have now jumped to the internet to enhance the experience.

What I mean by this is I'm starting to look up the artists online, starting with Orly Avineri. When I discover artists I'd like to follow, I'll add them to the "My Blog List" section in the right side-bar.

I'm only just getting started, and this blog post is a way of committing to this activity in an effort to learn more about contemporary artists working in different spheres of influence.

2 comments:

  1. So glad that you have found inspiration on the pages of my book and are working your way through it. Enjoy the process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you for the comment, Seth. How exciting that you found my post! :)

    ReplyDelete