Sunday, June 10, 2012

What Is This? You Tell Me!

So, what is going on here? Well, I may be finally doing something right, it turns out.

Why is it so much easier to play/ experiment with the media when you don't really like the piece you are working on? That is what is going on here, and I think it's the right direction to take. According to an artist friend (and some others over the years), I am too controlled with my art and I need to let go while also learning how the different media respond to layering and manipulation. It's really hard for me to do that, however. Here's hoping I can loosen up!

This piece originally made its debut on this blog back in January; it's the green piece in the background. I'll come back in and edit this post at a later date to explain everything I've done since the initial post!

No comments:

Post a Comment