Monday, January 31, 2011

Ooooone Last Post


A bit more refining done... and quite a bit more yet to go. I think I need to tone down the blue hue I added to the right side of the bronze diagonal in the middle of the canvas, but that could just be the camera flash talking! I do like the faded pastel yellow that I added to the lower right side of the painting (I need to play that up a bit!), but the extension of the bright yellow line through that area is throwing me off. I'm not sure how I feel about the effect it has had on the area to the southeast of it. In the heat of the moment, I felt like I was creating a giant subtle "N" on the canvas, but now that I see the painting on camera, it's like the bottom right quadrant of the canvas has some broken action occuring in it... almost like a shard of (bronze) line is being cast off to the right of the aforementioned "N"... which is just weird. This slight eyesore could possibly turn into a success if I throw in some pastel blue along the edge of the canvas, no??? We'll see. This one has some time to still develop into something interesting...

Pardon my late night rambling...

No comments:

Post a Comment