Wednesday, September 23, 2015

New Work: Time Lapse

Finally! I was able to work on and finish Time Lapse, as first sketched back in March of this year.

This is a nude, a landscape, and an abstract all wrapped up in one painting; I'm toying with calling this new style an "abstracted nudescape".

I am pleased with myself for loosening up when it comes to my brushstrokes. It's almost a return to the way I painted years ago, and I think I need to move back in this direction just a bit to keep things more spontaneous and less self-critical.

Colors include: cadmium yellow medium hue, raw umber, dioxazine purple, primary magenta, titanium white, chromium oxide green, and 50% raw umber mixed with 50% primary magenta. All of the other color mixing came about from moving the paint across the board! 18 x 24 inches, acrylic on panel board.

No comments:

Post a Comment