Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Art Show in Junction City: C.L. Hoover Opera House

Last night, I hung 18 pieces of art in the C.L. Hoover Opera House in Junction City, Kansas. The work will be up the entire month of September; please check it out if you find yourself in the area. The folks at the Junction City Arts Council are working hard to promote the arts and local artists, and your support and enthusiasm for the region are welcome and encouraged!

This painting is the final version of Valle del Bravo, 48 x 36 inches. I'm still trying to grab a photograph that adequately captures the mint green tones present in the painting, so this isn't fully representative of how it looks in person. Valle del Bravo is a town in Mexico that I visited in 2011 where I snapped the original inspiring photograph of the sun setting through a cascade of Bougainvillea above a retaining wall.

I sold the work before it ever got out of my studio, so if you want to see it while you still have the chance, be sure to get down to the C.L. Hoover Opera House this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment