Sunday, September 8, 2013

Eric Abraham: Rest In Peace

I found out yesterday that World Famous Artist Eric Abraham passed away unexpectedly. We were both members of the Columbian Artists Group for several years (I dropped out at the end of 2012) and it always delighted me to see what he was working on out in Lucas, Kansas when he'd make the trek to Wamego for the group meetings. I always made sure to catch up with him, just in case... although I just assumed he'd live to be 100.

He was a sweet man with an indefatigable zest for life whose energy seemed to rival those of men half his age. I met him through my friend George about a decade ago out in Wabaunsee, Kansas. These men were cut from a different cloth and it is just so sad to see them go... The Kansas art community will sorely miss Eric and his flying pig creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment