Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Card Series


This is a card I painted last week to send to a friend who has been recently diagnosed with late-stage pancreatic cancer. He is only 33 years old and this news is incredibly sad. Painting a silly card is not much to be able to do, but it is something when you feel helpless to change the situation. Hopefully he can enjoy a little bit of art as his body fails him.

The front of the card appears on the right, the back of the card appears on the left. I wrote his name in the white space on the front after I took this photo, and I signed the back (above the paint line). I will explain the symbolism of the paint application at a later date. For now, suffice it to say that the way I painted the card does mean something.

I've actually painted a few of these cards before. I wonder if I should do more? Most likely I will.

UPDATE: RIP Dan Valentine... (10/31/2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment